Tuesday, August 21, 2007

GOOGLE EARTH IS STEALING YOUR SOUL!

So this afternoon at work I was calculating the distances between various places. To do so, I was using Google Maps. I uncovered a number of interesting facts. Did you know, for instance, that Google Maps will give you driving directions on other continents? It takes 2 days and 3 hours to drive from Perth to Brisbane, Australia, and now you know that. But the most interesting fact was yet to be uncovered! Having nothing better to do, I decided to look at some other places of interest to me, including the campus of our lovely alma mater, and try to figure out when the aerial shots were taken. There are three important clues that lead me to believe that the photos are from Spring 2005:

1. Putnam Hall is completed, so it can't be earlier than 2004-05.

2. The Integrated Science Facility (or the future Dragoncloud Memorial Temple of Learning as soon as I earn my first $2 million) is not yet completed, but that stupid fence-tunnel between Erwin and Milne still exists.

3. Letchworth Rd. has not yet been reconstructed.

4. At Genesee Hall, THE DRAGONCLOUD IS HAVING A PICNIC IN THE DAMN FRONT YARD.

Check it out for yo'self! Unfortunately you can't save images from Google maps, so go to the page:

http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=nl

Enter "42.800581, -77.822015" into "Search the Map", press "Hybrid" in the upper right of the picture, and zoom all the way in. Ah, memories.

No comments: